Friday, April 23, 2010

Who's to Blame?

So I'm sitting here reading status updates on facebook. A common thing for me to do, it tends to make my morning better, at least when I see certain updates/comments.

One of my favorite things to see is when students get in trouble either by the cops or residence-hall staff (CAs usually) and they complain about this.

I wonder when people will realize that they need to take responsibility for their own actions. It is not the fault of CAs or the Police that people were caught. I can't say how many times I have confronted rooms because I hear something along the lines of "Chug, Chug, Chug!" or, "I bet you can't take all of those shots!". (What makes it better is when the people inside the room try to claim that they didn't say that).

Where am I going with this?

Well, first and foremost, rules are in place for a reason, as are laws. It is illegal to drink before 21. I am not perfect, I drank before I was 21. Back in high school I drank, and freshmen year of college I drank. However, I was not stupid about it. I never got caught.  Then, however, I became a CA. Becoming a CA has drastically changed my views on many issues.

To hear people say that we as CAs and other university officials are ruining their lives is incredibly comical. It is their own fault.

What this post boils down to is a call for people to take responsibility for their own actions. Don't be mad at CAs, don't be mad at University Police. The only person you have to be mad at is yourself.

/End Rant

1 comment:

  1. ohhhhh if only EVERYONE in the WORLD would take responsibility for their own actions!! what a world this would be!

    unfortunately college students arent as mature as their age suggests..im sure you know this. its kids like that that give all college students a bad name.

    ReplyDelete